- actuarial Actuarial Careers Fair actuarial events Actuarial jobs actuarial profession actuaries actuary Asia Australia beach Brisbane Brussels Business travel career Careers fair Changi Airport China Client meetings Client visit Competition Conference CV Defined Benefit Pension Dublin Edinburgh Eurostar Event financial services France French fun GAAPS GAAPS France GAAPS International Head Office Heathrow Hong Kong Insurance Insurance companies International International Business Ireland Israel Jobs Johannesburg London Meeting Munich networking Night of Actuaries Nuit des Actuaires Paris party Pretoria Scotland search Search engine optimisation Shakespeare Shoes Shopping Singapore Snow Society of Actuaries Solvency II South Africa Sun Switzerland Sydney Tel Aviv Theatre Travel UK Vacancies Vacancy western investment
- GAAPS @ Imperial College - Careers Fair November 2011
- Heriot-Watt University Careers Fair 2011
- Bangkok for Actuaries
- Pancakes in the City
- Looking for Australian Actuaries
- Company Visits and Actuary Jobs in Singapore
- Train Stations and Actuarial Jobs
- Competition: Win a Kindle 3G
- Brussels: Night of Actuaries 2010
- Our Final Day in South Africa
Travel GAAPS“Actuarial Skills Travel Well” so at GAAPS we travel around the world visiting actuaries and searching out actuarial opportunities. The TravelGAAPS blog charts our journeys around the actuarial world. Register for International Actuarial Jobs
Tag Archives: GAAPS International
Chaim attended the 34th annual conference of the International Organisation of Securities Commissions (IOSCO) in Tel Aviv as a guest of the British Embassy. The conference included an exciting programme of events to take advantage of this year’s celebrations of Tel Aviv’s centennial.
A welcome cocktail on the first night provided the perfect networking opportunity by the sea and with a backdrop of music and A ‘Cultural Mosaic’ in Old Jaffa and tours of Tel Aviv were an excellent showcase of the vibrancy of this exciting city.
The closing event, at the Arca Club in Tel Aviv Port, was a chance for everyone to dance the night away, let their hair down and celebrate the success of the conference.
Although Actuarial Skills Travel Well, actuaries need to be able to find us on the web. Geraldine and Hannah went to visit a search engine optimisation company in Tel Aviv to discuss improvements to the GAAPS website – watch this space, we will be launching a new website in the near future.
Tel Aviv is an amazing city and many of its insurance companies are just a short distance from the beach so if the combination of maths, sun, sea and sand is what you are searching for, Tel Aviv is the place to be.
So second-time lucky with the trip – we were actually able to leave the country this time and no snow in sight (Hailstorms were forecast for Dublin but again we were lucky and no umbrellas needed!)
The Society of Actuaries was holding a pensions meeting with a talk from the very eloquent Gerry O’Carroll about the continuation/resurrection of Defined Benefit (DB) pension schemes. There was a record number turnout (obviously due to our arrival!!) and an interesting debate about how to save DB pension schemes.
Having first thought that we would have the opportunity to see Dublin (and shop…) our time suddenly became full of back-to-back meetings – which proved extremely interesting and worthwhile.
We will be going back soon and hope the exchange rate will be more favourable for the overdue shopping!
“Actuarial Skills Travel Well” so at GAAPS we travel around the world visiting actuaries and searching out actuarial vacancies. The TravelGAAPS blog charts our journeys around the actuarial world.
Welcome to our blog and we hope that you enjoy reading.
At GAAPS International, we offer a helpful, personal and expert service. We are accustomed to dealing with the highest calibre of candidates and we know they expect the best from us.
If you are searching for a career in the financial industry, whether you are just starting out or you are looking for a change of scenery, we can provide you with the opportunity. We can also help you with interview technique and career advice. Our consultants are always at hand if you need advice at any stage in your career, whether you are a graduate or chief executive.
Your CV will not be sent without your permission. Our services are always at no cost to candidates.
To register visit our site at www.gaaps.com or give us a call on +44 (0)20 7397 6200.